Tuesday, September 27, 2005

This Post is Not Worth Reading. Skip it. I mean it. Don't

This morning I made coffee and thought about my life. This is how I start most of my mornings. I get up, I pick up my robe off the floor and put it on. I use the bathroom. I take my Bible, my journal, a pen and walk to the kitchen. On a good day I get to eat HoneyNut Cheerios. I read a chapter out of the Bible. Right now I'm reading through the Psalms. (Tomorrow is 119.) Then I open my journal and write. I have a really big journal that I bought about a year ago. It is several hundred pages and I got it because I never thought that I would be able to fill it all. But each day I write a little thought, reflection or prayer and it is almost full. Sometimes I find myself staring out the window our at the wall.

Why do I do this? I can't really point to anything beyond the belief that I think our mornings set the tone for our whole day. I usually don't receive any insight into myself or the world or God. Most days I feel like I'm writing the same thing over and over again. But it's quiet and I think that is one of the best treats. (I told you not to read it.)

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad i read it. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home