Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tearing up in Panera

So today, I'm working from the Panera bread company. I can refill my coffee and they offer me free wi-fi. I love that my job allows me this kind of flexibility. I love that Caryn is already a capable enough mother to allow me this.

I am not, by nature, an Internet junkie. I don't spend hours on YouTube or checking my Facebook account. But as part of my job, I spend a significant amount of time looking for topics to write about. Sometimes I come across things that move me in ways that I do not understand. There are so many terrible things going on in the world, that it is easy to believe that we live in a dark, hopeless place.

But there there are those singularly special moments. I don't know if it was the fact of recently becoming a father of two, or lack of sleep, or if it was the raw power of the stories, but I found myself tearing up as I was reading this website.

It is about an organization called 4 Paws For Ability. It pairs dogs with children who have autism. If it doesn't bring tears to your eyes, you have no heart. I had to look away from the screen and collect myself to stop from blubbering like a fool.

1 Comments:

At 9:24 PM , Blogger Corrie said...

I think it's just those post-pregnancy hormones. :) What a great site/group! It made me miss Levi though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home